This six month program will help you step into leading your band (drummer and response singers) with skill and ease so you can guide participants on a potent spiritual/musical/energetic journey. You will launch and establish yourself as a Kirtan Leader with guidance and coaching around building your community, leading your band and articulating and manifesting your Kirtan vision in the world. You will discover your unique style as a Kirtan Leader, step into writing your own chants, learn to cue drummers, musicians and response singers in real time and learn how to build critical community with musicians, venues and chant participants!
You receive everything in the Stepping In plan, plus:
• You will receive ten 75-minute private sessions, in person or via Skype/FaceTime
• Three half-day small group intensives (about half dozen participants) that feature support from a professional Kirtan drummer and are held in Boulder, CO, or three additional private sessions
• One four-day Level 3 intensive, with support from a professional Kirtan drummer and intimate group size (about half dozen participants)
• Three peer group teleconference calls facilitated by Mike, held over a period of 9 months
• Guidance for writing your own chants
• Mike will write up 4 chants by your favorite Kirtan artists for you to learn
• Receive slideshows and coaching to support you in creating professional looking Kirtan events and other unique offers.
You will avoid:
• Not having skill in cueing and leading your drummer, response singer, band and participants
• Making critical mistakes with musicians, venues and your community of chant participants
• Looking amateurish and making costly mistakes as you work to grow your public identity and Kirtan community
“The combination of leadership and musical development in the Lead your Band programs was truly a unique opportunity to study ALL aspects of what goes into being a Kirtan leader. My passion for Kirtan has been greatly fueled through this experience. I cannot recommend this program highly enough! Mike is a gem of a leader with a big heart and grounded vision who has helped open many doors for me in this expression, and I am deeply grateful!
~ Samantha Keller, bodyworker, Yoga Instructor, Kirtan Leader