THIS PROGRAM IS PERFECT FOR:
- Brand new Kirtan Leaders who long to create a home practice.
- Kirtan Leaders who desire to serve their community by sharing Kirtan in yoga classes and similar venues.
LEARN TIME SAVING SHORT CUTS FOR:
- Playing chords with ease and making the most of the harmonium
- Strengthening your singing
- Expanding your repertoire
- Building comfort in speaking publicly about chants, telling stories, and sharing the power of Kirtan as a sacred practice
If you are a BEGINNING Kirtan Leader ready to take a safe and fun step into leading Kirtan this program is for you. You may already have a home Kirtan practice, or share Kirtan in yoga classes or on retreats. Or, perhaps you long to do so!
Kirtan Leaders growing through LEVEL 1 focus on building the skills and confidence required to launch a home practice and/or share Kirtan in venues like yoga classes and retreats.
If you own a harmonium and lead Kirtan in yoga classes or in your community… or desire to do so, this INTRODUCTORY Kirtan Leader intensive is for you!
Don’t own a harmonium – don’t worry. We can help you rent or purchase a great one, and may even have a few extras on hand. Program participants will be supported by KLI founder Mike Cohen, outstanding percussionists/educators Issa Malluf, Ken Matarazzo and Andy Skellenger, and beautiful voice instructors/Kirtan Leaders Samantha Keller and Dawnia Dresser.