Kirtan Leader Institute community update
There’s so much happening within the Kirtan Leader Institute community I can hardly keep track of it. So, here’s a quick summary…
- Stay tuned for new music! I’ve been in the studio with producer Ben Leinbach and a cast of very talented musicians and singers. In the next few weeks we plan to release 4 brand new tracks that feature KLI students/faculty Dawnia Dresser and Samantha Keller. We’re working on 2 more tracks that we’ll release later in the year that feature Dawnia, Suzanne Sterling, drummer Ken Matarazzo and cellist James Hoskins, plus an incredible rhythm section. Big fun ahead!
- Speaking of Dawnia Dresser, she too is in the studio with Ben Leinbach. Stay tuned for some inspiring Kirtan music that will touch you deep in your soul.
- Who else is making an album? Mindy Arbuckle is most of the way through her Mantras for Mama’s project. These soothing mantras will make any new mother or mama to be happy as can be. Stay tuned!
- LivAvtar Kaur (aka Beth Ann Weister) from Upstate New York is launching an album project with KLI alum Damodar Das (Dennis Winge). Stay tuned for an heart infused album on Kundalini chants.
- Mike Cohen and the Shakti Groove will be in Joshua Tree for Bhakti Fest in mid September. This is the 10th Anniversary edition and looks to be the best ever. We’ll share 2 sets, offer a two-hour training for newbie Kirtan Leaders and I will emcee the Hanuman Stage. Will you be there?
- Speaking of festivals, we’re delighted to head back to Sedona for the 2019 Sedona Yoga Festival. We will offer Kirtan events, workshops and more. And, we’re thrilled to offer a teaser training for Kirtan Leaders DURING the festival, and a six-hour post-festival intensive for Kirtan Leaders the Monday following the festival. This is an amazing opportunity to enjoy majestic Sedona March 14-17, participate in an incredible festival AND receive training on “how to” launch your home chant practice!
- Each year the hundreds of Kirtan Leader Institute students around the globe chant at home, share with others, lead their bands, create albums and do tours and festivals. They deepen their skills with this ancient practice and share the depth and power of mantras with thousands of chant practitioners. Ready to join the wave? Cruise the website for information on our upcoming events, festivals and training programs!